Selecting a Website Design Template¶
When a new website is generated, the editor applies a random design template to the site. A design template is a combination of website elements (banner, footer, sidebars), page layout settings, and colors.
You can review the list of available design templates and select the design you like the most, or you can individually adjust the layout and colors of website elements, as described further in this document.
You can also prepare your own design templates and save them to ZIP archives, upload them to the editor, and apply to websites.
Selecting and Applying a Design Template¶
When you apply a design template, all site-wide elements and modules are overwritten along with the content they might contain.
To select a design template and apply it to a site:
Go to the Design tab > Templates, select the template you want, and click OK.
Preparing a Custom Design Template¶
The following site elements and settings can be saved in a design template:
- The website layout: the location and size of the header, footer, content areas, and sidebars.
- The banner image.
- All site-wide modules.
- The color scheme or individually selected colors.
- The fonts.
- The information about the borders and shapes of the page elements’ corners.
To create a custom design template:
- Adjust the layout and design, as described in Changing Your Website Layout and Selecting Website Colors, Fonts, and Styles for Borders and Corners.
- Add the necessary site-wide modules and a banner, as described in the chapter Content: Text, Tables, Images, Video, Forms, and Scripts, and in the section Changing the Website Header Elements.
- Save the design template: Go to the Design tab, and click Export Design.
Importing and Applying a Custom Design Template¶
When you import and apply a design template, all site-wide elements and modules contained on the site are overwritten along with the content they might contain.
To upload and apply a design template:
- Go to the Design tab, and click Import Design.
- Select the ZIP archive containing the design template.