Changing Your Website Layout
The layout of your site can consist of the following elements:
- Header. This is the topmost area where a banner image and a company logo are usually placed. You can do the following to the header:
- Move the banner image and logo from the header area to any place on the page.
- Reduce the header height to 25 pixels by removing all elements from it.
- Change the header width from the default size to 100 percent, so that it is expanded to fit the page width.
- Content area. This is the main part of a webpage where most of the content is placed. You can do the following to the content area:
- Adjust the height of the content area.
- Divide the content area into several columns. You can do this by dragging new modules to the left or right edge of the content area and inserting them.
- Change location of the columns in the content area by moving the content to the left or to the right.
- Sidebars. These are vertical columns that can be used for placing all kinds of modules, site-wide and page-specific. You can do the following to sidebars:
- Add one sidebar and place it to the left or to the right of the content area.
- Add two sidebars. They will be placed to the left and to the right of the content area.
- Adjust the height and width of the sidebars.
- Move the sidebars to the top of the page and place them to the left or to the right of the header area.
- Switch places of the sidebars.
- Footer. This is the lowest area where the company name, contact information, or a copyright notice are usually placed. You can do the following to the footer:
- Reduce the footer height to 25 pixels by removing all elements from it.
- Change the footer width from the default size to 100 percent, so that it is expanded to fit the page width.
- Advertisement block below the footer. Depending on your hosting plan, an additional text block containing some advertisement from your hosting provider might appear below the website footer. If that advertisement block appears on your site, you might want to upgrade to another hosting plan to remove it.
To change the layout of your site:
- Go to the Design tab > Layout tab.
- Select the number of sidebars: Under Sidebars, select No, One, or Two.
- Select the locations of sidebars:
- To move a sidebar to another side of your website, or to switch places of sidebars (if you have two sidebars on your site), click Switch sidebars.
- To move the sidebars to the top of the page, click them in the layout model.
- Set the size of page elements:
- Click OK to save changes.